The Advanced Grammar Cheat Sheet is one of the two powerhouses of the set, along with the Advanced Verbs sheet. Although titled “Advanced”, most of the forms on these sheets are used every day and the information will be greatly useful for intermediate learners as well. Of course there are plenty of JLPT N1-level grammar forms throughout the sheet too, all of which are clearly marked as advanced level.
This cheat sheet is probably most useful as a “road map” to navigate the maze of various grammar forms. Users can see what they know, and what they don’t.
Additionally, in grammar where are many cases where seemingly minor changes (for example: にして versus にしては) yield quite different meanings. This sheet was carefully organized to prevent learners from being confused by and stumbling over tricky variations.
- Common grammatical words: わけ, はず, べき, つもり, こそ, なんて／なんか and more
- Advanced usages of basic grammar such as: だけ, くらい, まで, etc.
- Tons of grammar structures: ～にしては, ～割には, ～において, ～によって, ～として and many more.
- Loaded with clear and helpful example sentences.
- “Likeness” expressions such as: ～的な, ～らしい, ～のような, ～っぽい and so on.
- “Entirely” expressions: ～だらけ, ～ずくめ, ～まみれ
- In all, over 120 different grammar points and expressions organized in 45 sections.