Verbs are the true power of the Japanese language, and are in many ways the core of the language itself. Through the combination of various verb forms, a single word can easily be transformed into over a hundred different variations. For example: してあげられそうになかった (It did not seem possible that I would be able to do it for them) is a single verb (する) with six modifications applied.
The Advanced Verb cheat sheet details over a hundred different conjugations, forms and usages of verbs. Clear example sentences are provided generously. Since verbs are so crucial to understanding Japanese, this sheet is the most important in the pack for achieving or improving your fluency in Japanese.
It should be noted that verbs are actually an aspect of grammar. This sheet should be viewed as a companion to the grammar sheet, because the distinction between the two topics is not night and day.
- Lots and lots of verb forms such as: ～ながら, ～つつ, ～かねる, ～かける, ～いく, ～くる, ～あげる,～もらう and more
- Grammar commonly used in conjunction with verb forms such as: ～こと, ～もの, ～ところ, ～よう, そう
- Common compound verbs: ～合う, ～直す, ～返す, ～だす and so on.
- Expressions of difficulty: ～やすい, ～にくい, ～がたい, ～づらい
- “Likeness” expressions such as: ～的な, ～らしい, ～のような, ～っぽい and so on.
- “Entirely” expressions: ～だらけ, ～ずくめ, ～まみれ
- In all, over 100 different verb and grammar points and expressions organized in 50 sections.